How to connect your personal device to NCL-WiFi, the college's wireless network for staff and students.
The college's WiFi service is available to students, staff and visitors. By connecting, you agree to adhere to the college's ICT Policy.
Note that devices have different security defaults and browser options, but the instructions below are correct for the vast majority of devices. College-provided mobile phones automatically connect to a hidden wireless network, so there is no need to do this.
- Connect your device to NCL-WiFi.
- Your device should open a browser window and ask you to enter your college username and password. If not, open your browser (Chrome, Safari, etc) and manually enter bbc.co.uk to force a connection request. The username and password prompt should now be displayed. Do not save your username and password - remember that your college password changes every 60 days, so you will lock yourself out of your account if an old password is remembered when connecting.
- Some devices may display a security warning. Choose to proceed if you wish to connect to NCL-WiFi. The username and password prompt should now be displayed.
- Go to your device WiFi settings, then select NCL-WiFi and choose Forget Network. Android: long-press NCL-WiFi. iPhone: press the i symbol next to NCL-WiFi.
- Turn off your device WiFi.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Turn on
- Connect to NCL-WiFi.
- Follow the instructions in step 2 in the above section.
Guidance is also available from the ICT helpdesk or your local ICT office.