Local Authority Support for Key Workers and Provision of Services
Food & Financial Worries
If you live in North Lanarkshire and require assistance for the provision of food due to COVID-19 you can contact the council's helpline on 03005 550 407 from Monday 13th April.
If you are worried about money, contact the Financial Inclusion Team on 01698 332551 or Fit@northlan.gov.uk for assistance.
First Stop Shops
In line with government guidance, all NLC First Stop Shops are now closed. You can request services online or phone:
· Homeless enquiries: 0800 953 2424
· Crisis grants: 0300 555 0106
· Emergency repairs: 0800 678 1166
· Antisocial enquiries: 0300 555 0106
· Rent enquiries: 0300 555 0106
· Payment line: 01698 403130
· Blue badge enquiries: 01698 403160
· Council tax and benefits enquiries: 01698 403210
· Environmental services: 01698 403110
The offices below will be open Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm:
· Motherwell, Dalziel Building, Scott Street, Motherwell ML2 1SX
· Coatbridge, Buchanan Centre, 126 Main Street, Coatbridge ML5 3BJ
· Wishaw, Houldsworth Centre, Kenilworth Avenue, Wishaw ML2 7LP
· Kilsyth, Parkfoot Street, Kilsyth G65 9AA
The offices below will be open on specific days from 10am to 2pm:
· Shotts Municipal Bank - MONDAY - 162-164 Station Road, Shotts ML7 4AW
· Bellshill Municipal Bank - TUESDAY - 26 Motherwell Road, Bellshill ML4 1RE
· Airdrie Municpal Bank - Tuesdy - 10 Bank Street, Airdrie ML6 6AG
· Viewpark Municipal Bank - WEDNESDAY - 135 Burnhead Street, Viewpark G71 5DD* Cumbernauld Municipal Bank - THURSDAY - Fleming House, 2 Tryst Road, Cumbernauld G67 1JW
· Moodiesburn Municipal Bank - FRIDAY - Blackwoods Crescent, Moodiesburn, G69 0EN
The council is operating a reduced service at this time which will be provided by telephone. People who are in an emergency situation should call the relevant dedicated line below:
· Homeless: 0800 242024
· Scottish Welfare Fund: 0303 123 1007
· Social Work and Money Matters: 0303 123 1008
· Benefits and Council Tax: 0303 123 1011
· Bereavement Services (cemeteries and crematorium): 0303 123 1016
· Registration: 0303 123 1015
· Refuse, grounds maintenance and street cleansing: 0303 123 1020
· Critical emergency repairs: 0303 123 1010
· Emergency Social Work services: 0303 123 1008
· Out of hours emergencies: 0800 242024
You can also find assistance on wellbeing support in South Lanarkshire here.
During office hours: If you need to contact the council in an emergency please telephone 0300 123 4510
Outside normal office hours (including weekends and bank holidays): Please call 0300 123 4510, listen to the recorded message and select your option.
For emergency housing repairs please call (FREEPHONE): 0800 052 5574.
Students renting a property, or who have a mortgage, are advised to let providers know as soon as possible of any challenges they face in making payments.
Citizens Advice is also offering phone and online support in place of face-to-face appointments.
Local foodbanks are advising that if you can afford food but are unable to get it due to self-isolation or for another reason, please contact your local council or Citizens Advice Scotland.
If worrying about money to buy food is an issue, visit the Trussell Trust website. This has a checker of foodbanks that are still open in every area.
Student Advisers are able to contact local food banks on behalf of students in need of support. Please contact email@example.com if you require assistance.