Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Gym
This is a 12-week intensive course of theory and practical work aimed at those who wish to work as Gym Instructor Practitioner. The course will take place at our Motherwell Campus as an Outreach Centre for Active IQ, which is the pre-requisite qualification for candidates looking to advance on to Level 3 Personal Trainer.
You must be 18 years or older with communication skills at Level 5 and have a keen interest in Gym-based Fitness, Health and Exercise.
Important note: All learners who apply for this course must submit a personal statement and include all qualification details within their application.
- Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
- Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
- Planning Gym-Based Exercise
- Instructing Gym-Based Exercise
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health, gained through independent study/distance learning of the mandatory units with support and guidance from the Course Tutor.
Successful achievement of the above mandatory units must be achieved for the full qualification.