Applicants must be employed as a trainee and/or apprentice in a related industry at time of application. Employer references are required.
- Two Higher Grades in Maths or Physics and English
- NC or HNC in a suitable Engineering or Engineering Practice or any suitable discipline area.
This course brings together current developments in the industry and covers:
- DC and AC principles
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Electrical Networks and Resonance
- Electrical Safety
- Fundamentals of Control Systems and Transducers
- Information Technology: Applications Software
- Electrical Machine Principles
- Three phase systems
- Electricity Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Applications of Electrical and Electronic Instruments
- Mathematics for Engineering: Electrical Engineering Graded Unit.
Successful completion of the HNC Electrical Engineering Year 1 award makes it possible to continue onto a HND level course.