NQ Early Learning and Childcare
This course is for those who are enthusiastic about working as part of a team to support the learning and development of children and young people. You will undertake a range of subjects which will help you to understand how children develop and the impact that this has on their learning. It is an integrated course of both theory and practice. A placement is an essential part of the course and this will be planned in consultation with you.
Four National 5s (A and B) or four Standard Grades at Credit level, one of which must be English.
SCQF Level 6 Foundation Apprenticeship in Social Services (Children and Young People) along with National 5 English
- Participation at an information session, skills assessment and interview forms part of the selection criteria.
- Your place on the course will be subject to a satisfactory PVG application
- Please note to be eligible for this course you must be 16 by 31st October 2024 due to health and safety legislation.
The subjects you will study include:
- Child Development: Theory
- Services for Children and Young People
- Child Development
- Supporting Children’s rights and entitlements
- Supporting Children with Additional support Needs
- Play in Early Education & Childcare
Attendance will be two days in college and one day in placement, with block placement opportunities.
You will be required to attend a min. of 35 days work placement. (this will be made up of weekly attendance and block opportunities)