Immigration & Fee Information

for EU and International Applicants

Course fee & visa update

As a consequence of the UK leaving the European Union, the conditions regarding course fees and visas have changed. Please see below for further information on:

  • Immigration Changes 
  • EU Settlement Scheme
  • EU Course Fees

Immigration Changes

EU, EEA or Swiss Applicants

  • New EU, EEA, or Swiss students arriving in the UK after 1 January 2021 need to apply for a student visa before travelling to the UK.

International Applicants

  • All non-UK nationals, residing outside the UK, need to apply for a student visa before travelling to the UK.
  • The UK student visa is for students undertaking studies that last more than six months at a UK approved education institute. You can check if you need a visa to come to Scotland on the UK Government web site
  • The latest information may be found on the Government's website: UK points-based immigration system: EU student information.

Important note: NCL does not hold a licence to sponsor applicants who reside outside the UK and need a student visa to study in the UK

Standard Visitor Visa (up to six months)

Other Immigration Categories

  • Applicants residing in the UK on other immigration categories should note that some visas do not permit either paid or voluntary work, including the work placement element of college courses.
  • Please contact for further information 

EU Settlement Scheme

EU citizens and their family members currently living in the UK.

If you are already studying in the UK then you (and your family) should have already applied to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK. If you have not already done so, you can apply now if you meet the criteria. The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.

The EU Settlement Scheme will allow EU nationals to continue living in the UK with the same access to work, study, benefits and public services as enjoyed currently.

Find out more about the EU Settlement Scheme and on the UK Council for International Student Affiars (UKCISA) - International student advice and guidance.

EU Course Fees


2022/2023 Academic Year

EU nationals who are 'settled' or 'pre-settled' in the UK will remain eligible to apply for home tuition fees in 2021/2022, providing they meet the residency conditions.

If you don’t have ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status, you will be charged the full international fee for all courses, including those delivered by open and flexible learning.




Get in touch today

If you are unsure or would like to discuss any of these points with someone, please don't wait, email us today.