Any student responsible for a child can apply for Childcare Fund if they meet the required criteria.
The assessment process is based on need and is tested against household income. You can apply for support based on need capped at 40 hours per week/8 hours per day.
- The amount allocated is on a child per day basis.
- The assistance is limited to the College Academic Calendar (37 week period) and student’s timetabled days.
- Maximum of £189.00 per week regardless of number of dependent children.
- The total award per student will not exceed £7,020.
- Lone Parent Childcare of £1,215 can be applied for by all eligible lone parents.
All students will be liable for all childcare costs until you have been offered an award from New College Lanarkshire