Dental Nursing - Level 5
NCL dental team are award winning and have an outstanding reputation at a national and international level in the development of occupational standards and qualifications to ensure dental nurses are trained to the highest standard and are sought after by the dental team.
The Level 5 in Dental Nursing course bridges the knowledge and skills gap between the Introduction to Dental Nursing (SCQF Level 4) and Level 6 Dental Nursing (SCQF level 6). The course is designed to develop the skills and expertise of a student dental nurse studying at this level whilst affording opportunities to articulate onto the Level 6 Dental Nursing course.
Three National 4 qualifications, or equivalent, one of which should be English or have successfully completed SCQF Level 4, Introduction to Dental Nursing.
Participation at an information session, skills assessment and interview forms part of the selection criteria. Your place on the course will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Scotland check in the form of an enhanced PVG. You will be required to be immunised in line with Occupational Health's recommendation.
The foundation knowledge, skills and expertise associated with a variety of routine dental treatments to include:
- Examination of the Dentition
- Practicing as a Dental Nurse
- Health and Safety in a Dental Environment
- Decontamination of Reusable Dental Instruments
- Cross Infection Control in a Dental Environment
- Dental Anatomy
- Setting up for Routine Dental Treatments
- Preparing a Range of Dental Materials to Support Routine Dental Treatments
- Personal Presentation and Protection for Dental Nurses
- Core Sills Communication, ICT and Numeracy
The course also involves a placement within a dental environment where you will be supported by a college dental work based assessor and guide and observe the on-the-job skills you develop.
To view the state of the art facilities offered at NCL access the following link: https://youtu.be/jGWDIxXhnhY