Accountants are in high demand across all industries, from small businesses to large corporations. This is because every business needs to track its finances and make informed financial decisions. Accounting students learn a variety of transferable skills, such as problem-solving, analytical thinking, and communication skills. These skills are valuable in any career field.
Our HNC Accounting course will allow you to gain the skills and knowledge to enable you to successfully meet the requirements of working within an accounting environment or progression to HND Accounting. This course is recognised by professional accounting bodies, such as ACCA, CIMA and AAT.
The entry requirements for this course are as follows:
- 1 relevant* Higher at C grade or above OR
- an appropriate grouping of National 5 and/or Intermediate 2 and Higher units
- or completion of a NQ in Accounting, Business or similar at SCQF Level 5/6
- Foundation Apprenticeship in either Financial Services or Accountancy.
- each applicant is considered on an individual basis and previous work experience and prior learning will be taken into consideration.
- Relevant* subjects include Accounting, Business Management, English, Mathematics, Geography, History and a Science Subject.
This course includes:
- Recording of Financial Information
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Management Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Using Financial Accounting Software (SAGE)
- Payroll - manual and electronic
In addition you will also learn problem solving skills, entrepreneurship, economic stability, financial analysis and compliance and regulation.