Pathways to Animal Biology and Science
This introductory course offers students the opportunity to study a range of Science subjects including environmental science, chemistry and animal care topics. You will have the opportunity to obtain the full National 4 Biology award as well as building upon fundamental skills for use in future years.
This course may be perfect for you if you have never studied specific science subjects before in school or if you are a returning adult and looking to gain confidence studying before progressing onto Animal Care, Applied Science or a SWAP Access Science course.
As our entry programme there are no formal entrance qualifications, however we would ask that you have the ability to demonstrate an interest in Science.
- Work experience with animals or people would be beneficial.
- You may be asked to provide a work/study reference.
- You should also be able to demonstrate success in your learning or working life.
- Participation at an information session and interview forms part of the selection criteria.
- A full and detailed personal statement must be completed when applying. Your personal statement must give an indication of the type of career you are interested in.
- Numeracy and IT
- N4 Biology (Cell Biology/Multicellular organisms/Life on Earth)
- Cause and Prevention of Diseases
- Animal Breed I.D.
- Physiology of Mammals
- Environmental Science
Throughout the year you will have an allocated course tutor who will help to guide and support you through your studies and help with all pastoral care information.
This course will be delivered over 3 days each week between August and June.