BSc Dental Nursing
The degree programme in Dental Nursing is the first of its kind for the industry – offering students the opportunity to study a university-validated qualification in a vibrant and innovative college environment. The course has been purposefully designed in response to demand from industry professionals to provide a programme of study for dental nurses to future-proof their career and place them at the same level as other professional groups within a dental team.
This degree is validated by the University of the West of Scotland (UWS).
To apply for the BSc Dental Nursing programme you must:
- Be registered with the General Dental Council
- Hold an HNC in Dental Nursing (120 credit points) plus an additional 120 credit points gained via successful completion of Professional Development Awards relevant to the dental profession or hold an HND in Dental Nursing or equivalence (240 credit points)
- Be employed as a dental nurse or have a placement in a dental practice
- Have the support of a GDC registered dentist or dental nurse who holds a BSc in Dental Nursing who will act as a mentor.
- Participation at an information session, skills assessment and interview forms part of the selection criteria.
Access on to this course will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Scotland check in the form of an Enhanced PVG.
The part-time course is held over two academic years and learners will attend New College Lanarkshire’s Coatbridge Campus for one day per week over the course of the two years.
Additional Dental Nursing Skills
- Research Skills for Dental Nurses
- Health Promotion
- Leadership in Dental Practice
- Technologies in Dentistry
- Professional Practice Development
Students will be trained in the College’s state-of-the-art dental facilities, which opened in 2016. You can find out more information about the dental facilities here:
To view the state of the art facilities offered at NCL access the following link https://youtu.be/jGWDIxXhnhY
This qualification affords opportunities to study Full-Time or Part-Time and will be discussed fully at interview.