NQ Psychology and Understanding Mental Health
Mental health awareness is now recognised as a key issue in contemporary society. This innovative new NQ programme is designed to equip you with an enhanced understanding of the matter, as well as a strong underpinning knowledge of Psychology. The course is likely to appeal to those with a general interest in Psychology and also in how we can facilitate our understanding of mental health issues to improve wellbeing.
This is a new will cover topics such as psychopathology (understanding disorders e.g. depression, schizophrenia and phobias), prejudice, dementia, stress, loss and grief.
Applicants will be expected to have a minimum of three National 5s (or a relevant Level 5 NQ or NC such as Health and Social Care, or Social Sciences) as well as a keen interest in the subject area.
The programme will explore a number of key areas with regard to Psychology and various aspects of mental health.
Subjects will include:
- Understanding of Mental Health and Mental Illness
- Psychology: Individual Behaviour
- Stress and Stress Management
- Psychology: Social Behaviour
- Understanding Loss and Grief
- Care: Value and Principles
- Psychology: Research
- Clinical Psychology: The Individual and Mental Health
- Human Development and Behaviour
- Social Influences
- Sociology: Human Society
- Communication and Literature