HNC 3D Computer Animation
HNC 3D Computer Animation will develop your creative skills and technical knowledge required for a career in a variety of digital development roles including, but not limited to, 3D Visualisation and Animation, 2D Animation, Digital Art and Compositing.
This course is aimed at creative individuals with a passion for film, animation, video games and drawing. It has been carefully designed for those of you wishing to pursue a career in the Creative Industries, particularly within the field of Animation.
Successful completion of any of the following NC/NQ courses:
- NQ Animation and Design
- NC Creative Industries
- An appropriate NC/NQ within the Creative Industries
- One Higher, preferably Art, or relevant National 5 Qualifications and/or other units.
- Alternatively, other relevant work experience and or prior learning may be considered.
Please note: You will also be required to attend an interview and provide a portfolio of art work demonstrating your drawing/creative skills.
Areas you will study include:
- 3D Modelling and Animation - including Character Modelling, Environmental Modelling, Animation and Lighting
- 2D Animation - including Drawing Skills, Digital Art and Compositing/Motion Graphics
Learners will be introduced to industry-standard software including Autodesk 3ds Max, Adobe: Animate, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, and Illustrator.
Throughout your studies, the course will help you to develop an understanding of the creative processes involved in the production of animation projects, from concept-art to post-production techniques.
You may also be given the opportunity to undertake Autodesk Certified User and/or Adobe Certified exams at our on-site Test Centre.