HNC Computer Aided Draughting and Design
The HNC Computer Aided Draughting and Design at New College Lanarkshire is recognised as one of the UK’s leading CAD courses. We are an Autodesk Academic Partner (the world’s largest CAD software developer) with staff members being accredited with Autodesk Instructor status.
If you enjoy Graphical Communication, Product Design, Architecture or Mechanical/Manufacturing design then this course could kick start your dream career. All lecturers are subject specialists, and through working closely with industry partners they have developed a course which provides you with the tools to develop a broad skillset, opening the door to a vast array of career paths.
Successful completion of any of the following NC/NQ courses:
- NC Computer Aided Design and Technology
- NC Built Environment
- NC Fabrication and Welding
- NC Manufacturing
- One Higher or equivalent or relevant Intermediate 2/National 4-5 courses and/or other modules/units. Alternatively, other relevant work experience/prior learning may be considered.
- Applicants who have successfully achieved an appropriate FA in Engineering with related NC qualification will be suitable for entry on successful completion.
All applicants who meet the required entry requirements will also be asked to attend an interview.
Specialise in the use of various CAD packages, the knowledge and skills you will develop will focus on:
- Autodesk Inventor
- Engineering Draughting Principles
- Architectural Draughting Principles
- Construction detailing
- Product Design Process
- 3D modelling
- 3D Printing and Scanning
- Visualisation and rendering
- Microsoft Office suite
- End of year design project
Some of the skillset you will develop includes 2D draughting to British and International standards, knowledge of the design process working through live team projects, 3D software packages for specific industries, 3D Printing and Scanning technologies and visualisation software. The HNC CADD is designed to give you the practical skills to become a successful draughtsperson/designer in the industry of your choosing.
Opportunities are also available to work on real-life projects and take on vendor qualifications such as Autodesk Certified User exams.