HNC Hairdressing builds on your previous qualifications and/or experience by exploring and developing your creative skills. Your creativity and artistic abilities will be enhanced through the production of comprehensive portfolios, covering all areas of advanced hairdressing techniques. During the course you will have the opportunity to take part in a variety of linked activities including visits to trade fairs and exhibitions, the chance to participate in hairdressing competitions, presentations and demonstrations and to undertake training with commercial companies.
The course is dynamic, fast-paced and exciting and is designed to widen the scope of your experience and develop you as a Hairdresser.
Entry requirements for this course include:
- SVQ Level 3 Hairdressing or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industrial experience is required
- You may be required to attend a skills assessment interview
- Applicants must be employed in the Hairdressing Industry at time of application.
- Employer references will be required
The course will include:
- creative cutting
- creative colouring
- creative styling
- hair and scalp conditions
- social media
- commercial work placement
The above is an example of what will be delivered within this course.
Students will be required to attend 2 evening sessions per week.
A hairdressing kit and appropriate protective clothing are required for this course.