HNC Mechanical Engineering
If your aim is to become a Mechanical Engineer and work within industries such as oil and gas, renewables, aerospace, product design and advanced manufacture, then this course will equip you with the skills and understanding needed to develop. The course will include a mix of practical and theory-based subjects that will provide you with the tools to function successfully within the engineering field.
You’ll have use of the college’s extensive engineering workshops and equipment, as well as our specialist labs and automated manufacturing facilities. In addition, you’ll be taught by highly qualified lecturers who have a wealth of experience and skills, all developed within the engineering sector.
Minimum entry requirements:
- Two Highers at Grade C or above in Mathematics and preferably Physics or Engineering Science or Technical subject.
- NC Manufacturing Engineering at SCQF level 5 (includes additional maths).
- Other equivalent qualifications or suitable work experience within the engineering sector and satisfactory completion of an aptitude test.
This course includes the following;
- Engineering Maths 1 & 2
- Engineering Principles
- CNC Machining
- Materials Selection
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Engineering Drawing
- Computer Aided Draughting for Engineers
- Statics and Strength of Materials
- IT Applications
- Quality Management
- Graded Unit Exam
The Exam is normally scheduled for May and covers the core subjects. Revision or study time will be provided for within the course.
You’ll be in college 3 days per week for our fulltime students and with a day release option for apprentices.