Pre Apprenticeship Fabrication and Welding Engineering
This course provides fundamental knowledge and practical skills required to progress within the Fabrication and Welding industry.
National 4, or equivalent group of modules/units plus successful completion of aptitude test.
Adult applicants will be considered individually on the basis of previous experience and/or learning and successful completion of aptitude test.
Please note that you must be 16 by the start date of the course due to health and safety regulations.
The course includes 3 mandatory units:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information.
Plus 3 optional units from PEO frameworks:
- Carrying out sheet metal cutting, forming and assembly activities.
- Cutting and shaping platework components.
- Using manual metal arc welding equipment
- plus various other practical units and exercises