HND Childhood Practice
The HND Childhood Practice builds on and enhances the knowledge, skills, and expertise following successful completion of the HNC Childhood Practice. The course focuses on developing further professional practice, leadership, integrated collaborative team working, policy to practice, legislation, and educational approaches.
Attendance will be 2 days in college and 1 day in placement (existing employment in Early Years will be considered for placement if approved by employer)
This is a practitioner award. Learners should have an SSSC practitioner qualification HNC Childhood Practice.
Units on this course will include:
- Childhood Practice: Enhanced Professional Practice
- Childhood Practice: Leadership and Team Working
- Childhood Practice: Integrated and Collaborative Working
- Childhood Practice: Policy to Practice
- Childhood Practice: Pedagogical Approaches
- Managing the Implementation of the Values and Principles of Playwork
- Collaborative Working
- Lead the Support of Children's Creativity
- Lead the Support of Children’s Communication
- Childhood Practice: Graded Unit 2