NQ Sport and Fitness
This dynamic and popular sports course will develop the communication, teamwork and leadership skills needed for success in today’s leisure industry. The practical participation supported by theory, including opportunities for volunteering and National Governing Body awards, will develop the skills you require to progress in sport and fitness activities.
Successful students receive membership to all North Lanarkshire Leisure Centres throughout the duration of the course and College Kit.
One of the following:
- 2 qualifications at SCQF Level 5 (National 5/Intermediate 2/Standard Grades at general/credit level)
- Relevant units at SCQF Level 4/5
- Physical Education and Communication
This course contains practical elements therefore a good level of fitness is required.
Applications may be considered for those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements but who can demonstrate a keen interest in fitness or sport and/or have other relevant prior learning, life or work experience. Each applicant is considered on an individual basis.
- This course is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
- All applicants for NQ Sport and Fitness must submit a personal statement and include all qualification details within their application.
You'll learn skills and gain knowledge from the following areas:
- Human Physiology
- Health and Well-being
- Contemporary Fitness & Exercise Training Methods
- Volunteering opportunities
- Sporting Activities, e.g. Badminton, Handball, Volleyball, Basketball or Football.
There are opportunities to volunteer with Active Schools delivering a range of sport/fitness-based activities to a variety of community groups.
You will be assessed on an ongoing basis using practical assessments, assignments and case studies. There is no final examination.