PDA Education Support Assistance
A child’s educational experience is shaped by the adults who support and challenge them in their learning. Education Support Assistants can create a positive learning environment for all children. As an Education Support Assistant, you’ll have the opportunity to build a child’s self-esteem, improve their quality of life, and be an agent of change in their schooling experience.
Attendance is two days per week at college and one day on placement with possible block placement opportunities.
- 4 National 5s or 4 Standard Grades at Credit Level or appropriate work experience within this field.
- SCQF Level 6 Foundation Apprenticeship in Social Services (Children and Young People).
- Participation at an information session, skills assessment and interview forms part of the selection criteria.
- Your place on the course will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Application
Please note to be eligible for this course you must be 16 by 31st October 2024 due to health and safety legislation.
You will undertake academic subjects at level 6 across 2 semesters. These include:
- Child Development
- Supporting Behaviour of Children & Young People
- Supporting Children and Young People who require Additional Support for Learning
- Working with Children and Young People with Autism
- Working in an Educational Setting
Your placement will be arranged in consultation with you and will commence in semester 1
You will complete folio work units for placement.
You will have a placement supervisor (usually the class teacher) who will support you and provide feedback on your progress throughout the academic year.