Step into Sustainability and Biotechnology
With so many people living with animals and humankind living longer it is important that we have the skills to ensure that our furry friends are well looked after and we have the medicines available to keep us healthy too. No longer are we treated by doctors in the same way as everyone else and the Pharmaceutical companies know that we are looking for tailored individualised medical care (stratified medicine). Our animals are the same - part of the family and we want them to live happy, health lives.
This course will start your journey to either Animal Science or the Biosciences where you will be instrumental in delivering the future of care to humans or animals through scientific discovery.
- As our entry programme there are no formal entrance qualifications, however we would ask that you have the ability to demonstrate an interest in Science and/or work experience with animals or people.
- You may be asked to provide a successful reference.
- You should also be able to demonstrate success in your learning or working life.
- Don't worry about having no science qualifications other qualifications will show your ability to apply knowledge and understanding.
- Participation at an information session and interview forms part of the selection criteria.
- A full and detailed personal statement must be completed when applying. Your personal statement MUST give an indication of the type of career you are interested in & why you are suited to this.
The course will introduce you to a range of science based learning including,
- Veterinary terminology
- Anatomy and physiology of mammals
- Cause & Prevention of Disease
- Climate change
- Scottish Rural Skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Science Communication Skills