NQ Animal Biology and Conservation
The NQ in Animal Biology and Conservation is an exciting course that helps you develop your knowledge and understanding of animal biology. We will also look at how animals interact with their environment and current issues in animal welfare and environmental conservation. The course will help you gain the practical skills needed at Higher level and is designed to help you progress onto a number of different courses.
Successful completion of the NC Animal Care or NC Applied Sciences (Level 5) and Communications at Level 5.
- Minimum of four National 5 or equivalent grade C qualification passes. Two should be in English and Mathematics and at least one science from Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
- Students with relevant work/life experience may also be considered
- A full and detailed personal statement must be completed when applying.
- You may be asked to provide a work/academic reference.
- Participation at an information session and interview forms part of the selection criteria
The course includes units at higher level (level 6) such as:
- Environmental Science
- Veterinary Terminology
and level 5 units such as:
- Animal Physiology
- Countryside Interpretation
- Science and Technology in Society
As part of the course, you will also complete a work placement in the animal care or environmental conservation field.
In addition, you will develop your core skills such as Communication and Numeracy at Higher level, which will help you progress on to an HNC/HND, and are transferable into any work situation.
This course will be delivered over 3 to 4 days each week between August and June. Placement will take an additional day per week.