HNC Healthcare Practice
Are you interested in a career within the health care sector? The HNC Health Care Practice course is deigned to allow you to either seek employment in the health care sector as a Health Care Support Assistant or to progress onto university to study nursing.
Combining academic knowledge and clinical skills practice within a NHS placement the course is designed to help you gain the skills competencies required for practice. This is a very popular course and entry will be based on the strength of your personal statement and your qualifications.
It would be advantageous to have some of the following:
- 2 Highers (1 of them should be English)_
- NQ Health and Social Care Level 6 or equivalent
- SVQ level 3 Social Services and Health Care (SCQF Level 6)
- SCQF Level 6 Foundation Apprenticeship in Social Services and Healthcare
Please Note: Applications with no formal qualification from individuals with life experience and/or experience within the health and social care sector will be considered.
In addition to qualifications, entry onto the course will be based on the strength of your personal statement.
You are requested to include a personal statement of no more than 650 words and must include the following:
- Why are you interested in nursing/healthcare?
- What you think are the challenges in nursing/healthcare?
- What are the essential skills a nurse/healthcare professional possesses?
- What do you know about our institution and course?
- Why are you a good match for this course?
- 2 References are required
- Successful Students will be subject to satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Scotland check in the form of an enhanced PVG.
- A financial payment of £25 will be made by each student as a contribution towards PVGs, uniform and health clearance checks.
What you will study:
- Safe Working Practice for Care
- Therapeutic Relationships; Understanding Behaviour
- Sociology and Health in Scotland
- Professional Standards for Care Practice
- Understanding Personal and Professional Development
- Clinical Skills for Care Practitioners
- The Human Body in Health and Illness
- Exploring Mental Health
- Healthcare Practice: Graded Unit 1
- Practice Placement in a NHS Setting