Health & Social Care Micro-credentials
The Department of Dental, Health & Social Care are delighted to offer our very innovative online microcredential course. The microcredential course is made up of mini/micro units on a chosen subject that you can complete at your own pace and in a flexible way to suit your learning needs.
In addition microcredentials also looks very positive on your CV for potential employers. All the units are fully online and can be accessed using you smart phone, tablet, laptop or pc.
The mini courses are open to anyone. There are no entry requirements. If you already work within the health and social care sector or you are interested in a career within the sector these courses would be of benefit to you. Parents and Carers would also find useful information and learning for the units too.
Currently there are 16 microcredential courses open for you to complete including:
- Introduction to a Career in Care
- Looking After Your Mental Health
- Safeguarding Adults
- Understanding Substance Misuse and Addiction
- Gender Based Violence
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Dementia Awareness
- Recognising and Managing Diabetes in Care
- Digital Health Care
- Understanding Parkinson's Disease
- Reflective Practice in Care Services
- Understanding Mental Health in Children and Young People
- Children and Young People's Rights and Safeguarding
- Infection Control
- Disability Awareness and Inclusion
Many of the units above are unique to New College Lanarkshire and have been identified are essential skills for employment in the care sector by our partner employers and placement providers.
You can chose to either complete all of the units or some of them. It is your choice.