Nail Technology & Services Diploma
Nail Technology and Services is an excellent and exciting introduction to a learning a variety of different nail treatments; this course provides the qualifications at both level 2 & level 3. This course with allow you the qualifications to gain employment within the Beauty Industry as a Nail technician, or entry to other Beauty courses.
Minimum entry requirements:
- 3 National 4 Awards or 3 Standard Grades at Grade 4 or above (English preferred)
Excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for this subject is essential.
You will be invited for a competitive interview where you will get the opportunity to find out more about the course and tell us why you are interested in this subject area. Applicants must include a Personal Statement with their application.
- You must be age 16 by 30th September. This is due to health and safety requirements.
- There is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books, which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
Learning is achieved in many exciting ways.
This course is delivered using a blended learning approach. Theory elements are provided via online training lessons and demonstration videos, combined with Moodle the College virtual learning environment (VLE) hosting course learning materials and activities.
Your course will involve demonstrations, lectures, group work, role-play, portfolio building, guest speakers. This is accompanied with the hands on practical experience based at our fully equipped salons and Nail bar at our Motherwell Campus to help our learners practice their skills. This involves classroom training and demonstrations and hands-on practical sessions guided by our highly experienced educators.
Units undertaken may include the following:
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Enhance and maintain nails using UV gel
- Enhance and maintain nail using acrylic
- Prepare and finish nail overlays using electric files
- Enhance and Repair Nails using Nail Wraps
- Plan and create nail art designs
- Develop a range of creative nail images
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Competition skills within the Nail Industry