NC Electrical Engineering
This Electrical Engineering course will equip you with an understanding of the knowledge surrounding electrical & electronic engineering technologies. You'll gain an understanding of how circuits work, the variety of components and systems that you may encounter in the Electrical Industry, together with the tools and skills required to work in the sector.
This course is placed on the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework at Level 6.
The entry requirements for this course include:
- Mathematics and English at National 5 minimum grade B, Standard Grade or Intermediate 2 equivalent
- and preferably Physics at minimum grade B or equivalent subjects at National 5, Standard Grade or Intermediate 2
- NC Level 5 Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
All applicants will be subject to an interview and aptitude test.
On this course, you will cover units including:
- Mathematics Craft 1 & 2
- Engineering: Information Technology
- Electrical Principles
- Fundamental Electrical Systems
- Electrical Testing and Measurement
- Transformation & Rectification
- Rotating Electrical machines
- Electricity in the Home
- Combinational Logic
- Engineering Project