HNC Electrical Engineering
Our HNC Electrical Engineering course is perfect if you are considering a career in Electrical Engineering. Our course can help you begin to achieve your goals, whether that be career progression, advancement to our HND Electrical Engineering course or eventually obtaining a degree. As a result of Industry 4.0 electrical engineers are in demand for innovative roles in design, robotics and automation. If you enjoy the human skills of problem solving and are solution focused, then with our help you can become an innovative future ready engineer.
Entry requirements for this course are:
- 2 relevant Highers (to include Mathematics and preferably Physics)
- NC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering Level 6.
Applicants who have successfully achieved an appropriate FA in Engineering with related NC qualification will be suitable for entry on successful completion.
The course includes:
- DC and AC Principles
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Electrical Networks and Resonance
- Electrical Safety
- Fundamentals of Control Systems and Transducers
- Electrical Machine Principles
- Three Phase Systems
- Electricity Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Applications of Electrical and Electronic Instruments
- Combinational Logic
- Communications: Practical Skills and the Electrical Engineering Graded Unit
The course is assessed through a formal end-of-course written examination covering the mandatory units, together with a mix of ongoing end of unit examinations and practical laboratory exercises. A number of support subjects are assessed by learning outcome assignment.
This course uses online ‘Blended Learning’, which requires access to the internet.