NQ Female Football Performance
The one year NQ Football Performance course includes three football sessions a week focusing on the moments of the game such as In Possession - Finish the Attack, Out of Possession - Defending the Final Third and Transitions. You will also complete three Strength & Conditioning sessions per week with a focus on Muscular Endurance, Strength and Hypertrophy to develop your physical capacity. The course delivery comprises of training sessions, lectures and group work, delivered by vastly experienced and UEFA Pro and A Licence qualified Football coaches in an elite sporting environment.
The course being delivered at Broadwood Stadium, gives students the chance to train and play in a professional stadium that can host just under 8,000 people.
One of the following:
- NQ Football Performance/Sport and Fitness at Level 4.
- 3 qualifications at SCQF Level 4 (eg. National 4/Intermediate 2/Standard Grades at Credit level)
- A group of relevant units at SCQF Level 4.
- Direct entry is permitted into this course with the relevant qualifications and ability level
Higher Physical Education and Communication at Level 4 would be advantageous.
Basic knowledge of training within a gym/fitness environment and/or practical experience of coaching is desirable.
Applications may be considered from those without formal entry requirements but who can demonstrate a keen interest and ability in football and/or have other relevant prior learning, life or work experience.
This course contains practical elements therefore a good level of fitness is required.
- This course is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement and include all qualification details within their application.
Throughout the course there are 3 football-specific training sessions and 3 strength conditioning classes per week.
Students on the NQ Football Performance course will learn skills and gain knowledge from the following areas essential for sports professionals:
- Technical and tactical development of football skills and knowledge is provided through practical training sessions with coaches qualified up to UEFA ‘A’ and ‘Pro’ Licence level
- Physical development is delivered through a strength conditioning plan that focuses on the needs of the individual
- Human Physiology
- Session Planning and Delivery
- Contemporary training methods
- How to work as part of a team
- Enhancing core skills in communication and IT.
You will be taught, mentored and coached by professionals with years of experience in football and sport including former players and current league managers. Students on the course will have the opportunity to benefit from experience, knowledge and support throughout their time on the course and gain a career-enhancing qualification.