HNC Fitness, Health and Exercise with Football
This course can help combine a love of fitness, with a playing background in Football into a nationally-recognised award. The course is designed to provide you with the underpinning knowledge, as well as the teaching and instructing skills for successful progression to HND-level study or for employment in the fitness industry. You will also have the opportunity to continue to enhance your football ability and utilise the knowledge gained on the course to develop your football performance.
The HNC comprises of practical sessions, lectures and group work delivered by vastly experienced sports professionals/instructors and professional football coaches at Broadwood Stadium.
One of the following:
- We recommended having achieved 2 highers, with a minimum of at least 1 Higher at C grade or above, in a related subject.
- NQ Sport/Fitness Level 6 or other relevant qualifications.
This course contains practical elements therefore a good level of fitness is required.
Applications may be considered for those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements but who can demonstrate a keen interest in fitness, sport or Football and/or have other relevant prior learning, life or work experience. Each applicant is considered on an individual basis.
- This course is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement and include all qualification details within their application.
The course involves study of Exercise Physiology and Anatomy, Exercise Principles and Programming, First Aid for Sport and Fitness, Health Screening, Nutrition, Health and Exercise, Exercise with Music, Core Strength and Posture training, Flexibility Training, Health and Safety Management, Working Effectively and Safely with Clients, Gym-Based Exercise and Fitness, Introduction to Research, Plan and Management of Personal Training, Health and Exercise: Graded Unit 1. Highly qualified staff will share current and relevant industry experience to motivate you to succeed. Optional units may vary across campuses.
As part of an on-going learning process, work is assessed throughout the year and assessments may be in the form of assignments, project work, case studies, oral presentations, open and closed book assessments and tutor observations of practical performance.
There will also be the opportunity to gain additional career-enhancing, industry-recognised qualifications.