HNC Football Performance and Coaching
This course is based on a Sports Coaching framework with a practical focus on the performance aspects of Football. It will give you the opportunity to be educated at SCQF Level 7 whilst continuing to develop your footballing ability and coaching proficiency. The theories of coaching will be applied in a Football context with additional opportunities to develop your coaching ability whilst on placement.
This HNC includes an embedded, stand alone, industry-recognised Professional Development Award in Sports Coaching at SCQF Level 7 jointly certificated by SportScotland and the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
The HNC comprises of practical sessions, lectures and group work, delivered by vastly experienced professional Football coaches at Broadwood Football Stadium (Broadwood Campus, Cumbernauld) who are qualified to UEFA Pro and A Licence level who will share current and relevant industry experience to motivate you to succeed.
One of the following:
- We recommended having achieved 2 highers, with a minimum of at least 1 Higher at C grade or above, in a related subject.
- NQ Sport and Fitness Level 6 or other relevant qualifications.
Applications may be considered for those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements but who can demonstrate a keen interest in fitness or sport and/or have other relevant prior learning, life or work experience within a Football context. Each applicant is considered on an individual basis.
- This course is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement and include all qualification details within their application.
- Payment of Coach Education qualifications will be required depending on which ones are undertaken.
The HNC comprises of lectures, group work, practical sessions and strength & conditioning sessions delivered by vastly experienced professional Football Coaches qualified up to UEFA Pro and A Licence level. Based at Broadwood Football Stadium (Broadwood Campus, Cumbernauld) you will be applying your learning in a professional football setting.
Additional Football training sessions support the course content to develop both coaching practice and performance. Strength conditioning sessions are also an integral part of your development as a player but also your understanding of the discipline as a coach.
The course involves study of units such as Sports Coaching Practitioner: Knowing Coaching, Knowing Yourself & Knowing Others, Sports Development, Developing Professional Practice, Human Anatomy Physiology and Biomechanics in Sport and a Graded Unit.
Optional units may vary across campuses.
As part of an on-going learning process, work is assessed throughout the year and assessments may be in the form of assignments, project work, case studies, oral presentations, open and closed book assessments and tutor observations of practical performance.