NQ Higher Football Performance
This course, delivered at Broadwood Stadium includes three football sessions a week focusing on the moments of the game such as In Possession - Finish the Attack, Out of Possession - Defending the Final Third and Transitions. You will also complete three strength & conditioning sessions per week with a focus on Muscular Endurance, Strength and Hypertrophy to develop your physical capacity. The course delivery comprises of training sessions, lectures and group work, delivered by vastly experienced and UEFA Pro and A Licence qualified Football coaches in an elite sporting environment.
One of the following:
- NQ Football Performance/Sport and Fitness at Level 5.
- 3 qualifications at SCQF Level 5 (eg. National 5/Intermediate 2/Standard Grades at Credit level)
- A group of relevant units at SCQF Level 5.
- Direct entry is permitted into this course with the relevant qualifications and ability level.
Higher Physical Education and Communication at Level 5 would be advantageous.
Basic knowledge of training within a gym/fitness environment and/or practical experience of coaching is desirable.
Applications may be considered from those without formal entry requirements but who can demonstrate a keen interest and ability in football and/or have other relevant prior learning, life or work experience.
This course contains practical elements therefore a good level of fitness is required.
- This course is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement and include all qualification details within their application.
The course develops your football ability and physical capacity to enhance your opportunity to progress in the game. The course includes units such as Human Physiology, Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing, Basic Sports Coaching Techniques, Planning Personal Fitness, Free Weight and Fixed Weight Training, Cardio-vascular Training, a National Progression Award in Exercise and Fitness Leadership at level 6, all units are to help develop your coaching practice, football performance and fitness levels.
The course incorporates not only coaching units but exercise and fitness content to afford students the opportunity to progress into both sports coaching or health and fitness courses and could be year two of your football development whilst enhancing your education and employment opportunities. The blend of practical and theoretical subjects will develop your football ability whilst enhancing your coaching and fitness knowledge.
As part of an on-going learning process, work is assessed throughout the year and assessments may be in the form of assignments, project work, restricted response questions, oral presentations and tutor observations of practical performance.