HNC Rangers Soccer Academy Coaching Programme
The HNC in Sports Coaching, in partnership with Rangers Football Club, gives learners the knowledge and skills necessary to work as professionals within Football or the wider discipline of sports development and coaching. Successful applicants will be placed within the Rangers Soccer Academy programme. These work placements will provide invaluable experience, allowing individuals to develop their coaching practice, employment and education prospects.
As part of the HNC, the Soccer Academy coaches will have access to the Rangers Online Academy platform for previous session content to assist with planning, delivery and review of coaching sessions. The platform also provides access to educational webinars to enhance the all-round development of the coach, with sessions including nutrition, sports science and wellbeing.
One of the following:
- We recommended having achieved 2 highers, with a minimum of at least 1 Higher at C grade or above, in a related subject.
- NQ Sport/Fitness Level 6 or other relevant qualifications.
Applications may be considered for those who do not meet the minimum entry requirements but who can demonstrate a keen interest in Coaching and Football and/or have other relevant prior learning, life or work experience. Each applicant is considered on an individual basis.
- This course is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement and include all qualification details within their application.
- All applicant must supply 2 references as part of the application / interview process.
The HNC comprises of lectures, group work, practical sessions and online classes, delivered by vastly experienced professional Football Coaches qualified to UEFA A and Pro Licence level.
Campus attendance will be at Broadwood Football Stadium (Broadwood Campus, Cumbernauld) for practical development in a performance environment and you will apply your learning as part of Rangers Soccer Academy.
The course involves study of units such as:
- Sports Coaching Practitioner: Knowing Coaching
- Knowing Yourself & Knowing Others
- Sports Development
- Developing Professional Practice
- Human Anatomy Physiology and Biomechanics in Sport
- A Graded Unit
- Coaching Children
The coaching opportunities created by Rangers Soccer Academy will provide a great way to apply the theory into practice.
These course also includes remote learning opportunities supported by practical coach development and in–service days delivered by the Soccer Academy as they further invest in their coaching team. The programme may also offer additional opportunities to participate in and support the wider activity of the organisation.
This HNC also includes an embedded, stand alone, industry-recognised Professional Development Award in Sports Coaching at SCQF Level 7. This is jointly certificated by SportScotland and the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).