This HNC course is at SCQF level 7 and is designed to give you the practical skills and knowledge to become a successful draughtsperson/designer in the industry of your choosing. Some of the skills you will develop include:
- 2D draughting to British International standards
- Knowledge of the design process working through live team projects
- 3D software packages used in the engineering, manufacturing and construction industries
- 3D Printing and scanning technologies and visualisation software
The knowledge and skills you will develop will focus on:
- Autodesk Inventor
- Fusion (Cloud Based CAD)
- Engineering draughting principles
- Architectural draughting principles
- Construction detailing
- Product Design process
- 3D modelling
- 3D printing and scanning
- Visualisation and rendering
- Microsoft Office suite
You will be given the opportunity to showcase your skills and knowledge as you study the HNC with the completion of an end of year design project.
Opportunities are also available to work on real-life projects and take on vendor qualifications such as Autodesk Certified User and professional exams.
It would also be advantageous to have Nat 5 Design for Manufacture or Graphic Communications.
HND at New College Lanarkshire before moving on to a guaranteed 3rd year degree place at UWS.