HNC Administration and IT
This course is designed for those who are currently working in or who wish to take up a career in Administration and Information Technology. This award provides the skills and knowledge demanded of a modern working environment.
- One relevant* Higher at C grade or above OR
- an appropriate grouping of National 5/Intermediate 2 and Higher units OR
- NQ Administration/NQ Business /NQ Accounting at SCQF Level 5/6
- Each applicant is considered on an individual basis and previous work experience and prior learning will be taken into consideration.
- Relevant* subjects include Administration, Business Management, English, Mathematics, Geography, History and a Science Subject.
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
Core units include:
- Office Administration and Digital Technologies for Administrators
- IT in Business: Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases
- Communication and Personal Development Planning
Additional subject areas:
- Customer Care