NQ Travel and Tourism
This introductory course equips you with the practical knowledge and skills for work in the dynamic travel and tourism industry! You may also have the opportunity to participate in an international student exchange programme.
One of the following:
- 2 qualifications at SCQF level 4 (National 4/Intermediate 1/Standard Grades at 3/4)
- A group of relevant Units at SCQF level 3 and 4.
You'll learn skills and gain knowledge from the following areas:
- Tourist Destinations
- Selling Skills and Enhancing Skills for Employment
- Accommodation and package holidays
- Airport ground operations
- Holiday planning and holiday issues.
- Local tourism
- Tourism in Scotland
- Travel Training Academy
This course will also cover Spanish and core skills such as:
You will be assessed on an ongoing basis using practical assessments, assignments and case studies. There is no final examination.