NQ Computer Aided Design and Technology
This course is for those who wish to develop a career in design and technology with a specific interest in Computer Aided design (CAD). It is an excellent starting point and will provide a good grounding point in the practical and theoretical aspects of the CAD within the Engineering and Construction industries.
You should have good communication skills and a keen interest in design.
Entry is also subject to a satisfactory interview.
Specialising in the use of various CAD and IT packages, the knowledge and skills you will develop will focus on:
- Autodesk AutoCAD – 2D drafting and 3D modeling
- The essentials of product design
- The principles and application of a “Sustainable Design” strategy
- Construction detailing
- Physical model making
- CNC programming
- Computer graphics & desktop publishing essentials
- Communications – essential for collaborating in a business environment.
- Use of the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint/Word/Excel)
- End of year 3D CAD design project.