Preparation for Playwork and Childcare
The Preparation for Playwork and Childcare supports students to gain knowledge and understanding that will help them to contribute to the play and development of children and young people. Students will have the opportunity to develop their personal qualities, knowledge, and skills in play, playwork and childcare, communication, development, wellbeing and health and safety.
This course is suitable for a wide range of learners including:
- School leavers who have previously worked at National 5 and have evidence of four National 5's at C and D grade with National 5 English or Communications essential.
- Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Adults returning to education may wish to apply to enhance their career prospects.
- Your place on the course will be subject to a satisfactory PVG application.
Please note to be eligible for the January course you must be 16 by 28th February 2024.
Please note to be eligible for the August course you must be 16 by 31st October 2024 due to health and safety legislation.
On this course you will learn:
- Development and Wellbeing of Children and Young People.
- Rights and Protection.
- The Process of Play.
- Supporting Children and Young People in a Play Setting.
- The January course will consist of 3-days in college with no placement.