HNC Travel and Tourism
If you are interested in working within the travel industry, specifically in the airline or retail travel sectors, or furthering your qualifications to HND level, this course is perfect for you. You will be able to participate in some external visits to travel-related organisations and listen to talks given by some industry experts.
One of the following:
- One relevant* Higher or above OR
- an appropriate grouping of National 5/Intermediate 2 and Higher Units
- NQ Retail Travel, NQ Business or similar.
- each applicant is considered on an individual basis and previous work experience and prior learning will be taken into consideration.
- Relevant* subjects include Accounting, Business Management, English, Mathematics, Geography, History and a Science Subject.
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
You'll learn skills and gain knowledge from the following areas:
- Business Communication
- Creating a Culture of Customer Care
- Structure of the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Information Technology
- International Tourist Destinations
- Applying Marketing Principles in Travel and Tourism
- Preparation for Employment in Travel and Tourism
- Travel and Tourism: Graded Unit 1
- Air Travel
- Retail Travel Practice
- Spanish for Work.