NC Social Sciences Level 6
This course is perfect for those interested in social issues and who want to develop deeper knowledge in Social Science subjects or obtain qualifications that can help progress directly to HNC or HND Social Sciences.
- Four National 5 courses or Intermediate 2 courses/Standard Grades at level 3 or above or equivalent
- English/Communication and/or Social Science subjects preferred
- Appropriate course group awards at level 5 may also be considered.
- references may be required.
- Due to the high number of applications received, not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be selected for interview. Therefore, a well-written personal statement will be supportive in this process.
You will study the following subjects:
- Sociology (the study of people in social groups)
- Psychology (the study of the mind and behaviour)
- History (the study of the known pasts)
- Politics (study of authority and government)
- Geography (study of the environment and its effect on humans).
You will be given an opportunity to develop communication skills, numeracy and employability skills.
You will be assessed on an ongoing basis using practical assessments, assignments and case studies. There is no final examination.