HNC Cyber Security
HNC Cyber Security aims to give students a fundamental understanding of how to protect networks, IT systems and individuals against Cyber-attacks and Cyber threats. Cyber-security is a fast evolving area within business and government today, as online systems make up the foundations of the digitally-enabled economy.
You will require one of the following to gain entry to the course:
- One Higher at Grade C or above and National 5 qualifications or equivalent in Mathematics
- An NQ SCQF level 6 qualification on a computing related course
- Previous employment, practical experience and an enthusiasm for the subject may be considered in place of formal entry requirements
Entry is also subject to a satisfactory interview.
On this course, you will learn to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding in core areas of cyber security, such as digital forensics, ethical hacking and digital security
- Develop knowledge and understanding of critical legislative considerations in cyber security for individuals and companies
- Develop learners with technical and employment skills to enhance their prospects when seeking jobs in the Cyber Security industry
- Develop an awareness of the potential impact of breaches in cyber security on individuals, companies and on society as a whole
You will also cover a range of practical, industry relevant subjects including Data Security, Securing Network Devices, Scripting for Security, Computing Programming, Ethical Hacking, Digital Forensic Case Studies and more.