Body Repair and Paint Maintenance for Beginners (Unit 1)
Do you want your car to look like new again? Learn how to fix your car on this short course! We will give you the knowledge and experience to ensure your car looks good and keeps it's shine. Our experienced professional staff will teach in a hands on style that anyone can follow. We'll give you the confidence to undertake the repairs your car needs to bring the body and paintwork back to life.
Please note that safety boots and overalls are required for this course. If you do not have these, the college can supply these at a cost.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but you should demonstrate an interest in the subject.
On this course, you will learn:
- How to carry out body panel repairs (dings and dents).
- How to remove and replace body panels.
- How to repair plastic bumpers.
- How to prepare body panels for painting.
- How to paint on different surfaces.
- How to apply fillers and carryout repairs to vehicle paintwork (scratches).
- How to keep your paintwork looking good.