IMI Level 2 Award in MOT Testing Classes 1 and 2 (Motorcycle)
This qualification is for individuals who want to become Motorcycle MOT testers. To be eligible to undertake this qualification for Class 1 and 2 vehicles, a candidate does not need to hold a relevant qualification but must be able to show that they have been servicing and repairing vehicles of this class for 4 years. This qualification is for those individuals who wish to enhance their career by qualifying as an MOT Tester.
Achievement of this qualification enables them to apply to undertake the DVSA final observed assessment (VT8), in order to achieve their Certificate of Competence (CoC), enabling them to become a Nominated Tester.
Please note that these courses will only run subject to viable numbers. Further details and questions can be directed to ATAenquiries@nclan.ac.uk. The price of the course includes the online test and practical assessment which take place as part of the scheduled 5 days (4 days training + 1 day assessment).
Resit for the online test cost £100, and can be booked by mutual agreement.
Resit for the practical test is £100, and can be booked by mutual agreement.
Entry requirements include:
- You must hold a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes they want to test
- Be a skilled technician with at least 4 years’ full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested. (Apprentices who have been employed for 4 years are eligible.)
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- Be ‘of good repute’; the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency will decide this to make sure you’re suitable to be an MOT tester
Before attending, candidates must create a user account on the MOT testing service. The weblink is pasted below for convenience. Its free of charge to register.
The full cost of the course will be invoiced one month in advance of the start date. Cancellation / refund is acceptable 8 days or more in advance of the start date. Cancellation 7 days or less, will be subject to no refund. Request to transfer the booking to an alternative date is at the discretion of NCL.
Candidates on this course will be guided through a number of topics which will allow them to sit the online test associated with this qualification; candidates will learn more about the following topics:-
- Safe Working Practices in the Vehicle Test Centre
- Working Relationships with the Vehicle Test Centre
- Manage Own Professional Development as an MOT Tester
- Carry out Pre-test Checks for statutory Periodic Roadworthiness Test
- Carry out a Statutory Periodic Roadworthiness Test
It is expected that the candidates will already be registered on the DVSA training site and have had some practice in conducting tests for this vehicle type.
Please note, we aim for candidates to receive certification within 8 weeks of successful completion.