Motorcycle Maintenance for Beginners (Unit 1)
Tired of high garage repair bills? Learn how to fix your motorcycle yourself. This short course will give you the knowledge and experience to ensure your motorcycle runs smoothly. Our experienced professional staff will teach in a hands on style that anyone can follow. We'll give you the confidence to undertake the repairs your motorcycle needs.
Please note that safety boots and overalls are required for this course. If you do not have these, the college can supply these at a cost.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but you should demonstrate an interest in the subject.
On this course, you will learn:
- How to use the workshop equipment, when moving motorcycles and securing for work.
- How to Carry out Motorcycle inspection, (this is useful before a bike is purchased, goes for MOT inspection, worked on, or before a long trip / track use).
- How to Remove and refit rear wheels
- How to Remove and refit front wheels
- How to Remove and refit wheel bearings
- How to Change engine oil and filter
- How to change Brakes – disc pads
- How to change Brakes - drum
- How to Fit tyres, balance wheels
- How to Change fork oil
- How to adjust replace inspect Chain and sprockets
- How to inspect and replace Swing arm/suspension linkage