NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively. The course aims to aid individuals in positively impacting the safety culture in their organisation. Employers, Supervisors, SHE champions, Union & Safety Representatives will benefit.
The course has been designed to enable learners to be able to carry out solo incident investigations, produce risk control plans, and contribute to team incident investigations for large-scale investigations.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, but it is recommended that learners should already have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety issues, and many will have gained another NEBOSH qualification.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Upon successful completion of the course learners will have an understanding of:
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
The NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation covers the following topics:
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
Times for Day 2 of this course is 8.45 - 12.45
The Cost for this course is inclusive of VAT, learning materials, registration and exam fees. Please note that this course can be funded through the Flexible Workforce Development Fund. You can find out more about FWDF here. You can contact our FWDF team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.